Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Greenwich Biathlon






I decided to torture my self with a little Run-Bike-Run since I haven't been on my bike for months. I got there a little late so I only had time to sign up and get my bike ready, was not sure what to do or what shorts and shirts to use (running or bike) I did noticed almost every one were wearing bike shorts so I did a fast change right on the parking lot.The first 2.5 mile was a nice warm up just around Greenwich Point Park and then on to the bike for 10 miles. I was fine until mile 7 but some where around Old Greenwich there was this 1/2 mile hill that almost kill me, took every little bit off me not to walk that hill, once I was over the hill I noticed my water bottle was gone and I was filling a little dizzy so I slowed down and finish it. Back to another 2.5 mile run which I was able to pass a lot people and finish at 1:12Was hard and painful but also a lot of fun. I'll do it again! Since this race was at 7:00 am and I was done by 8:30 I decided to run Law Day Race (Darien) was schedule at 10:00 am . After the race I meet Roy, Rob and the winner of the race Morgan. I had a long talk with Roy about running and other things, his camera went dead so We took some pictures with my phone. Was nice talking to him.And back home for some diapers changing and bottles. :)

2 comments:

DawnB said...

I almost did one but I got on my bike when I got home and was to too wooble for felt like alot of work.

You did great at both events nice job. I was a little upset that Law day was changed to Sunday I've gotten use to it being on a sat. I think this was the first time I missed since it started

UltraBrit said...

Great job in both races. I have mentioned you in my blog from the Accelerate Life 5k.

Kate