Monday, May 18, 2009

5K or 5 Miles

Woke up at 8:15 am on Sunday and I decided to run AWL Rowayton race.
I didn't read the description on the website so I headed straight to the School on Highland Ave and of course no one was there. After I check my Phone I realized the race was just down the street at the Civic.
Got there with 5 minutes to spare. We stared the race (only 39 people) going downhill and it was a good warm-up and then it hit me. Is this a 5 k or 5 miles. Well... I'll ask the next one that gets by me. Excuse me... is this?..... Hello... Ms... Hello, aaaand she's gone. Yep that was UltraBrit
She kicked my a$$ AGAIN! but that's OK I'll get her next time. ( I Think I said that once before).
Anyway... it was a 5K. Good race, good course and very organized. Jim does an Excellent job.

1 comment:

UltraBrit said...

I love it! You were true to your word and got me the next time. I guess it helps when you have a race that you know the distance of. However, I can give you an excuse for why you beat me on Monday. I ran 4 races in 5 days! I must give you credit though - you ran a great race and really tore it up on the last downhill. I was thrilled to meet your wife at the end. I looking forward to seeing your race report and photos. I am currently working on my race report for all 4 races and hope to be done with it tomorrow.

I'm not sure if you use facebook, but if you do please feel free to look me up.

Kate / UltraBrit